Re: Favorite Calculator Bites the Dust

I have a HP-35 bought in 1974 that worked until 1990 when the battery
charger went bad.  As part of their sale technique, the slaesman in the
store that sold calculators would throw the HP demonstration model about
20 feet against a wall and show the prospective buyer that the
calculator would still work. I have a HP41CX bought in 1982 that is
still working.  I bought a HP48G+ that worked for about 5 years before
dying.  The HP quality is not what it used to be.