From: brian stanley [mailto:bstanley(--nospam--at)morabitoconsultants.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 2:01 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: double angle conn

In a double angle connection of a floor beam to a supporting floor
girder, are there any issues with one of the angles being field bolted,
while the other is field welded?  The erector had to modify some
connections (approved by fabricator) in this fashion.  Is it safe to
design each angle to receive half of the beam reaction?
Brian Stanley, P.E.
Baltimore, Md