RE: BOLT TORQUE/TENSION RELATIONSHIP

>I think what Harold is trying to
>emphasize is that atsandard torque values are not useful. Rather, the
>calibrated wrench method, which uses a torque that is specifically
>calibrated (hence the name), is required if "torque-wrench" installation is
>the method to be used in pretensioning the bolts.
Presumably turn-of-nut is still in (I'm looking at the Eighth Edition
right now) as well. Just so everyone knows, I'm not pushing standard
torque values, but the torque wrench is the predominant means for making
up machinery items and bolted flanges, and has provided satisfactory
service from before I can remember.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw