From: Bill Allen
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:41 PM
Subject: Calcs on the web! Any worries?

I'm proposing on a project which will serve as a prototype for several
installations. The owner wants to put the prototype drawings and
calculations on their website so that their customers can see the
design. I am told that I can omit my name and my company's name from the
calculations and any drawings I produce. I can also (like the architect)
include any disclaimer language (like "this design probably is not
appropriate for the location you are considering" or something along
those lines).

Should I take the job? The work is with one of my very best clients and
I would hate for him to go to a competitor. Of course, if the R-T-R
(Risk to Reward) ratio is unattractive, then by all means, I don't mind
letting my competitor have the work :o).

Your opinions would be appreciated.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org