RE: BOLT TORQUE/TENSION RELATIONSHIP

>Please to tell me, just what is a "Hydraulilc
>Tensioner"
It's a device which applies a specific accurate tension to a bolt before
the nut is tightened. After the bolt is loaded, you tighten the nut down
snug and release the tensioner. Presto! Accurate preload without
guessing, at least until the joints starts to work a bit and relax over
time.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw