Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Roof Rafter Spans.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Roof Rafter Spans.
- From: "Tim Spengler" <timothyps(--nospam--at)cleanpak.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:23:19 -0700
This may be a supid question but..... I'm looking a residencial roof previously designed using convential framing requirements in accordance with the UBC. The tables that are in the code provide allowable spans for roof rafters. My question is, are these spans the actual length of the roof rafter between supports (i..e the slope length) or are they the horizontal distance between supports? The roof is pitched at an 8 on 12 so, depending on how your interpret it, there can be a variation of around 20% in the allowable rafter span. Thanks for any help. Tim Spengler PE, SE Allstructure Engineering LLC 1125 Royal Ct. West Linn, OR 97068
- Prev by Subject: Ripping Graded Lumber WAS: When is an Architect or Engineer Required?
- Next by Subject: S.O.G.
- Previous by thread: Turning Templates
- Next by thread: Slab on ground