From: John Nader [mailto:johnenader(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2003 12:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: APPENDIX D - ANCHORING TO CONCRETE

I always assumed that longer anchor bolts have more capacity than shorter bolts when embedded in concrete.

I am doing a problem where the anchor bolts are in a pedestal. Based on equation (D-5), I am getting better values for shorter bolts than longer bolts.  Am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

John.