1933 Riley Act/1935 UBC

Were single family masonry residences excluded from the seismic requirements of the 1935 UBC?

It is my understanding that the Riley Act of 1933 initiated the consideration of seismic forces on buildings in CA. It apparently did not apply to dwellings for two or less families and some farm buildings. The 1935 UBC then required a seismic load of 2% of the vertical loads on buildings. Does anyone know if single family dwellings were still excluded? My concern specifically applies to a masonry building constructed with precast concrete wall panels used to create a 2 wythe thick wall.

Steve Privett
Pasadena, CA