International Code Council Codes (I-Codes) vs. NFPA Codes

Despite the overwhelming State of California State Agencies and public support for the I-Codes, the California Building Standards Code Change Committee recently voted against adopting the International Building Code and the International Residential Code.

The California State Building Standards Commission will hold a meeting on July 16, 2003, to decide whether to adopt the International Building Code and the International Residential Code for mandatory use in California.

You can voice your support for the IBC and IRC to the CBSC, by going to
http://congressweb.com/icc/july16 and sending a letter to the CBSC. Or you can send your comments to Aileen Adams, Chair, CBSC, Fax (916) 653-3815.

This July 16, 2003, Hearing is concerned with building and fire codes, not just fire codes.

This may the LAST Chance to demonstrate your support for the I-Codes in California.

Frank E. McClure  July 14, 2003