Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: When is an Architect or Engineer Required?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
This "consultant's" website indicates that they simply advise owners as to
the reasons for roof leaking, assess if new roofing is needed, advise as to
cost, etc. It seems like they skirt around the periphery. Ostensibly I don't
see anything wrong with what they SAY they do--you don't have to be an M.E.
to fix leaky pipes, a plumber will do.

But then they have these guys with letters after their names, like CCS (I
believe that's "certified construction specifier," a title bestowed by CSI),
CDT (I have no idead what that means--"certified destructive tester?") and
the like. No "AIA" and no "PE," that's for sure. The correspondence I have
is signed "Joe Blow, CDT, Senior Consultant."

It just smells.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 12:35 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: RE: When is an Architect or Engineer Required?

To add to your comments: I don't believe that the use of the term
"facilities consultant" violates what the board would consider as a
professional engineer.

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********