Re: REFERENCE TO HSS MOMENT CONNECTION

There is no such thing for seismic design!

Currently there is no approved moment connection type, for seismic application, using HSS section. All the tested connections so far have been with rolled W sections. Even the built up boxes are not approved at this time.

Ben Yousefi, SE
Santa Monica, CA

>>> dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net 07/15/03 04:24PM >>>
Hi
I need reference in the code or AISC or FEMA  for HSS moment connection
normally it shows full penetration all around the walls
is there reference to support that to acceptable

Thanks
Dave