RE: REFERENCE TO HSS MOMENT CONNECTION

Ben -

Is this (prohibition of tube frames) just in the LARUCP "sphere of
influence" or is there a specific section in the Applicable Building
Code (in my case, the 2001 UBC) that you can reference specifically
prohibiting the use of tube frames?

This might turn into a Jeffersonian/Hamiltonian argument: if it's not
specifically excluded, is it allowed or if it's not specifically allowed
is it excluded?

Thanks,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA