RE: When is an Architect or Engineer Required?

>I don't believe that the use of the term "facilities consultant" violates
what the
> board would consider as a professional engineer.

It depends on what he does and what he represents himself as able to
provide. Aerospace and most of the outfits I worked for were exempt from
the engineering law by the manufactured product exemption. All states
have them. Because I represent myself as a provider of engineering
services, I need to be registered, although most of my client firms are
exempt because of the manufactured product exemption.

>On a side note, the California Professional Practice codes does not
>require the same practice when an Architect is involved.
With all the complaining on the SEAINT list about architects doing their
own structural work, I'm surprised that no one has complained to the
California board.

For once I agree with Bill--the situation seems to be an obvious attempt
to evade the law.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw