Re: Is it frame or not

Definitely a cantilevered column system in the UBC land. There is no other structural system in Table 16-N that would define what you have. A moment frame needs to be entirely of either structural steel or concrete. Based on your description, It doesn't seem that you have either one. Besides, the behavior of the two systems is quite different. For example you'll probably get more deflection in a system such as yours compared to a standard moment frame.

Ben Yousefi, SE
Santa Monica, CA

>>> dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net 07/16/03 11:33AM >>>
Hi

I'm trying to get by ordinary moment frame as
two column fixed at footing and the beam to column hinged
is the system considered frame or cantilever column?

Thanks
Dave A.