RE: Is it frame or not

Dear Bill,

Under lateral loads, if there is inadequate diaphragm action while the
beam also carries usual loads (dead+imposed), it will deform and not act
as a rigid link. In such situations, the beam acts as a spring support.
This is the most general behaviour. Under special situations, the spring
stiffness can be taken as infinite, so that the beam acts as a rigid link.

ravi sinha