Re: When is an Architect or Engineer Required?

When I here of a flat roof design, I believe the
minimum pitch is 1/4" in 12", please correct me if
I'am wrong. Anywho, "They", the Architects, should
have stopped designing a Flat Roof system, a LONG time
ago. Today, Engineers should refuse to run the
Specification, on flat roofs, for the Achitects. Flat
Roof create, and will continue to create, way to many
headaches, primarily to those who either live or work
under them. I would consider nothing less than say a
1-in-12. I'am well versed in residential construction,
but not in commercial. the concept and gravity,  in
this case, will always win, regardless of what a
person calls the structure. Jim Jensen, an unlicensed
residential builder.