Re: When is an Architect or Engineer Required?

Jim,

Flat roof systems (i.e. 1/4" per foot) are a perfectly fine system and are
commonly used on commercial buildings.  Without a doubt, roofs with
greater slopes are much more forgiving for "mistakes" in design and
construction, espcially when it comes to preventing water penetration.
But, if a flat roof is properly designed and constructed (and maintained),
then it will be perfectly fine.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI