Plan Stamping

> as a cantilever column system instead of a moment frame.  I
> haven't reviewed the Kansas regulations yet, but I'm pretty sure
> plan-stamping is illegal.

I just checked the Kansas laws, and it turns out that "plan stamping" IS
legal.  It's also
legal in Illinois.  It is NOT legal in Missouri or Indiana.

This got me curious.  I've always heard that plan stamping is illegal, but
half the states I'm registered in allow it.  What is the consensus?  Is
there a consensus?

-----
Jason W. Kilgore, PE, SE
Project Engineer