RE: vibration characteristics of post-tensioned concrete construc tion

>Does anyone know of any good articles, research
>reports or books that discuss the analysis and
>determination of vibration characteristics of
>post-tensioned concrete construction?

AISC only covers it for steel. But it is a problem in concrete and wood too,
so the Applied Technology Council (ATC) published a design guide that
addressed steel and concrete and wood.

It is here on their web site:

http://www.atcouncil.org/cgi-sz/webcwrap/szw/st_prod.html?p_prodid=73&p_cati
d=63&sid=8yqNjy0lsJpb8Ep-45103268689.aa

That link starts with "http://"; and ends with "45103268689.aa". You may have
to cut and paste it into the browser bar to get it to work if it wraps the
screen. Or, go to http://www.atcouncil.org , click online store, click floor
vibrations (under ATC Reports and Other Products", and click ATC-DG1.

The principles are similar -- the right combination of mass and damping are
the important characteristics.

Charlie