Re: FRP - Temp Reinf.

I can't confirm the reinf. maximum ratio requirement. However, I did recently design
an interior concrete rectangular pit reinforced with FRP re-bar. The required reinforcement was substantially higher than that expected for steel reinforcement. Based upon the FRP properties (lower bonding stress, the FRP doesn't yield, lower E, etc.), this is not unusual (although it may raise the contractor's eyebrows). Check the archives; there was a thread on this topic approximately one month ago.

Charlie Canitz, PE
Bel Air, MD