From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 9:23 AM
To: ‡
Subject: Re: Plan Stamping

>I've always heard that plan stamping is illegal, but
>half the states I'm registered in allow it.  What is the consensus?  Is

>there a consensus?
If by plan-stamping, you mean applying your stamp to plans done by
another engineer who was not operating under your direct supervision,
it's definitely illegal in Florida and Minnesota and can cost you your
license. You can take that to the bank.

If by plan-stamping you mean taking over the work of another engineer
after verifying all the background calculation and design bases, Florida

has rules for doing it, and I think it's possible in Minnesota, although

there aren't specific rules.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw