Lightning Strike on SOG

Anyone ever seen a lightning strike crack a slab on grade?  A homeowner experienced significant damage when lighnting came down the chimney chase and cracked the slab from the fireplace to the hot water heater.  I've been asked to determine whether other nearby cracks (by the swimming pool) were caused by the same incident.  I'm not sure whether the cracks are caused by concussion or some kind of electrical plasma ionization. Insurance is paying for most of the electrical damage and the homeowner wants to know what else should be covered. Anyone wish to pontificate?
Thanx in advance.

p.s. maybe I should check to see if the vapor barrier has evaporated :o)

Christopher A. Banbury, PE
Vice President
Nicholson Engineering Associates, Inc.
PO Box 12230, Brooksville, FL 34603
7468 Horse Lake RD, Brooksville, FL 34601
(352) 799-0170 (o)         (352) 754-9167 (f)
www.nicholson-engineering.com