Re: "Water in the Hole"

> Also, I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
> Has the state of Texas _not_ adopted a statewide building
> code?  If not, how did they rationalize that decision?

This isn't that uncommon.  Missouri doesn't have one either.  And like Texas, "third-class" counties (rural) aren't allowed to adopt one on their own.  Therefore, outside of urban areas, the engineer doesn't have any law to back him up - just whatever ethics he/she has.

The Structural Engineers Association of Kansas and Missouri  (SEAKM) is currently working to correct this.

And who says decisions by state legislatures are rationalized?

----
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com