Weight of Soil

I've got an existing structure where the architect wants to put 3' diam x
1'-6" high tree/bush pots on the roof.  He's talking about a 4x5 grid of
these pots, with only about 12" between them.  It's acting like sort of a
barrier.  Using 100 pcf, (wet potting soil, clay pot, decent bush) this
works out to be over 1000 # / pot.  Spread out over 16 ft. sq., this is
about 65 psf.

My question is what is a good conservative weight to use for these pots?  Is
100 pcf reasonable, or should I go higher?

Another thing to consider is that this is publicly accessible space in an
apartment building (not that anyone can come in off the street, but this is
where the parties would be held).  I'm leaning toward just designing for 100
psf live and ignoring the stupid plants.

----
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com