Re: don't mess with Texas

Up here in Alaska in the Matanuska Valley there is limited zoning
enforcement.  People moved here from Anchorage and elsewhere to enjoy
the larger and cheaper lots and avoid what they felt was restrictive
zoning and planning laws in Anchorage.  I believe the limited zoning
came about only after:

1)	A local farm was bought and changed into an automobile racing track

2)	A adult bookstore (mobile home) was placed in a residential
neighborhood

3)	Plans were announced for a chlorine processing plant near
neighborhoods

There can be alot of problems with zoning laws, but there are enough
examples of where common sense and market forces are insufficient.