Re: Sill plate anchor bolts.

I don't have all the old codes available to me at this time. But I am pretty sure that it dates back at least to the 50's.

Ben Yousefi, SE
Santa Monica, CA

>>> timothyps(--nospam--at)cleanpak.com 07/22/03 04:06PM >>>
Can anyone tell me which version of the Uniform Building Code began
requiring wood sill plates be anchored to the foundation via anchor
bolts?  (Section 1806.6 of current UBC).  Was it in 1972 or 1976?  I
don't have these codes as a reference so any input would be appreciated.

Tim Spengler PE, SE