From: Andrew Kester [mailto:andrew(--nospam--at)baeonline.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 11:20 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: foreign engineer requirements

My one big complaint would be with most engineering degrees in the US (like
my own), those from "liberal arts programs", is that a good 2 years + is
spent taking liberal arts classes. (After that, it is usually around 3 more
years of science, math, and engineering classes.) Now these classes were
interesting and worthwhile in their own right, but not very necessary (I did
enjoy them actually). People claim this helps to produce well rounded
people, helps engineers and scientists be well rounded by making them take
history, psychology, English and the like.