Precast poles behind retaining wall

I am working on a project where the architectural design calls for direct
buried precast concrete columns placed on a circle supporting a lateral
load of approx. 3000 lbs. each, within 4 ft. of the face of a retaining
wall. I am trying to isolate the load from impacting the retaining wall
design. I was initially using a mechanically stabilized earth wall with the
column extending below the wall. Now that I have to design a cast in place
cantilever retaining wall, I have an interference between the wall
foundation and the columns. I am considering the option of providing a
block-out in the retaining wall foundation for the width of the precast
column and a rock sleeve. The columns are spaced more than 30' apart.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how I can isolate the retaining wall from the
column loads. Also, how do I prevent soil structure interaction between the
column and the earth behind the wall, something along the lines of a void
form, perhaps?

Sarah H. Nuttall