Re: COLUMN STRIP WIDTHS FOR VARIOUS BAY LENGTHS

Brian,

For the column strip width at a column, I use the lesser of
        half of the average longitudinal span either side of the column
and
        half of the average cross span

In this case, it would be (10 + 14) / 2 = 6' based on the longitudinal spans and 5' based on the cross spans. So the width at this column would be 5'

It is not logical to have a jog (step) in the column strip width at a column if you look at how the whole thing is supposed to work and the average span length fits logically with this..