RE: foreign engineer requirements

"That hurts our reputations as contributing members of society and it
really sucks at cocktail parties."

As a structural engineer, I find that cocktail party conversationalists
can't tell the difference between what I do and architecture anyway, and
architects (apparently) have a fine social reputation.

Paul Crocker, PE