RE: foreign engineer requirements

I guess the question is:

What comes first, the ENGINEER, or the HUMAN BEING?

For me the answer is readily evident. Perhaps that isn't true for some of us, however.

That’s a nice summary of the thinking that engineers face with respect to our profession’s image.  One of my brother-in-laws is an auto mechanic.  He likes cars.  At family gatherings he is more than happy to talk about cars, and talk about work he is doing on cars, and talk about interesting problems he’s had with cars.  He doesn’t do this to the exclusion of everything else, but cars are definitely prominent.  No one complains, and no one has ever questioned whether he is putting the auto mechanic before the human being.

Paul Crocker, PE