Re: Glu-Lams

Gary Harris wrote:

> Where can I find a good source for bi-axial on Glu-Lam Beams? I design
> numerous Glu-Lams for single axis bending and compression, but after Dryer's
> book, I could find anything on bi-axial? Could someone help me?
>
> Gary Harris

In the 2001 NDS, there is section 3.9 on combined bending and axial
bending and axial tension, section 3.9.2 is bending with axial
compression.  I have used the
latter section for biaxial bending by dropping the term involving axial
compression loads. This
is a more conservative method than the equation used for
bending/tension.