Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Open Building with Gable using ASCE 7-95[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Open Building with Gable using ASCE 7-95
- From: "Chris Banbury" <cbanbury(--nospam--at)nicholson-engineering.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:33:16 -0400
I believe the 95, 97, or 02 version of ASCE 7 expect you to use the monoslope coefficients for gable type roofs on open structures. The L/B ratio is calculated from the windward side of the roof from the eave to the ridge (roof pitch 3:12 plus or minus 10 degrees). The roof acts like a bluff body so the slope of the leeward roof is irrelevant. The MWF is a function of the area presented to the wind from any particular direction. (Cf is applied perpendicular to the roof surface inward or outward). I would treat the case with the gable end windward as a wall and use 0.8. There may be a more rational value for this case however.
Christopher A. Banbury, PE
Nicholson Engineering Associates, Inc.
PO Box 12230, Brooksville, FL 34603
7468 Horse Lake RD, Brooksville, FL 34601
(352) 799-0170 (o) (352) 754-9167 (f)
- Prev by Subject: Re: Open Building with Gable using ASCE 7-95
- Next by Subject: Opinions
- Previous by thread: Re: Open Building with Gable using ASCE 7-95
- Next by thread: 200# Load on Cable Guardrail?