From: sam2000(--nospam--at)cyber.net.pk [mailto:sam2000(--nospam--at)cyber.net.pk]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 4:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: foreign engineer requirements

I was educated (sorry, trained) at an "University of Engineering and Technology" in Pakistan. We did have some cosmetic liberal arts/ social science courses but nobody paid any attention. But I never let that school interfere with my education. I have at different times in my life, written poetry, worked as political activist, written in newspapers and spoken on international affairs.

Similarly, those of us who are educated in Liberal Arts colleges should not let the education interfere with their training as an engineer.

Syed A Masroor
Karachi, Pakistan
http://www.cyber.net.pk ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********