Re: Open Building with Gable using ASCE

Yes, your understanding is correct.  Bernoulli's (SP?) principle.  Also,
the reason why a curve ball in baseball works (as well as why I slice golf
balls).  The faster air speed on one side creates a lower air pressure on
that side resulting in a net force pushing "up" on the side with the
slower air pressure.

Ah, the fruits of being a geek in middle school (and high school,
college and real life) and doing a science fair project that demonstrated
the principle.  And having a father who was mechanical/aerospace
engineering graduate.  I originally intended to study either ME or AE in
college, but got sucked in to the grand world of structural engineering.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI