Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Heavy Timber Truss Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Heavy Timber Truss Connections
- From: "Paul Feather" <pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:44:04 -0700
I am not having a particular or specific problem per se, I am only in the conceptual design stages. One the larger trusses I know I will have an approximately 800 k-ft moment. Architectural intent is to utilize parallel chord trusses. The second truss area is actually non-symmetrical pitched trusses with less than 50 k-ft of moment.
I am really looking for options. Final geometry is not defined. I can use double chords, single chords, timber webs or timber webs with steel rod tension members, almost anything. I am trying to develop truss elevation options for an exposed space. I know the connections will be a controlling factor in timber design, and I am trying to find examples of different truss connection methods and geometries.
I have looked in the AITC Timber manual, as another poster recommended, and the info is thorough but pretty basic. Knife plate or side plate connections with multiple bolt rows. I would like to explore any other options. I do not need design examples, just pictures of particularly elegant or graceful trusses to help develop some ideas to explore.
I do not get the opportunity to design architecturally exposed systems as often as I would like, especially not in heavy timber, and I want to have some fun with it.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Heavy Timber Truss Connections
- Next by Subject: Re: Heavy Timber Truss Connections
- Previous by thread: Re: Heavy Timber Truss Connections
- Next by thread: Re: Heavy Timber Truss Connections