Re: Building a proper porch

Tim Allison wrote:

. > For any of you still interested in the effects of the porch collapse, my
. > friend signed a lease last week in Wrigleyville (an area dominated by
. > 3-story masonry buildings w/ wooden back porches)... there were some 5
. > pages added to the lease with provisions like "no more than 5 people may
. > occupy the porch area, no grills or other flammable objects may be used or
. > stored, etc etc etc." - a bunch of CYA since the thinking is that a
. > majority of the porches have been "designed"/constructed similarly to the
. > collapsed porch.

Any restrictions on potted plants?  Ratio of potted plants to permitted
people?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona