RE: Future Generations of Engineers

Title: Message

Dear Kelloggs of Battle Creek:

Stan,

Then I believe that your veiw of undergraduate education is flawed (and since it is my opinion, you are certainly within your rights to just dismiss me a some "flake").

I want to make sure I understand your position well.  Are you saying that the current CE undergraduate programs don't concentrate enough on structural engineering courses but rather just produce (too) general CEs?

YES!  Absolutely, positively, yes!

Or are you saying that CE undergraduate programs are not even producing general CE graduates that even have enough of general CE knowledge?

Enough general CE knowledge to do what?  In an increasingly specialized world, what exactly is a general CE graduate with a 120-hour BSCE good for other than general land development engineering?

Scott Maxwell

Best regards,

Stan in Dallas