From: Bill Marczewski [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)bsmstructural.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 12:44 PM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Condition Assessment of Waterfront Structure

The owners have asked me to comment on the condition of pilings, sway braces (batter piles), and report their apparent condition as well as any need for short or long term maintenance.  This building is located along the bank of a large river (Columbia River) and is located within seismic zone 3.  My concern is how much information can I realistically report to them during a “cursory” condition assessment