RE: Future Generations of Engineers

Maybe I am not following all of this as carefully as I should be so I
amy be treading over old ground, but I will simply suggest that we
return to the old ways. When I graduated from A&M in 1987, a degree in
Civil Engineering took 145 hours. This was reasonably accomplished in
four years by most students (there are always a few on the five year
plan), and I got all the education I needed, including some liberal arts
classes that I did not want to take (and in retrospect I still a waste
of time). What is wrong with this approach?

Eric Green