RE: Future Generations of Engineers

Title: RE: Future Generations of Engineers

Stan,

Then why not advocate a Bachelors of Science in Structural Engineering? Why do you seem to advocate leaving a "flawed" system in place and just adding another year to the mix?

Scott:

I have no problem with the idea of a (preferably five-year) BSSE, except that it is unlikely to happen in the next decade or two.  In the meantime, there is a degree being offered today that is almost as good, the BSAE.  Note from my previous posts that I hire both MSCEs and BSAEs.