From: Neil Moore [mailto:nmoore(--nospam--at)innercite.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 9:46 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Future Generations of Engineers

Dennis:

That is pretty hard to believe.  In our northern California county of El Dorado, there is so much work that some engineers have phone messages telling people not to call them for six weeks or so.  Must be that there is part of California that can be considered "third world".

I also skip a lot of your long (but probably pretty good) posts.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
shingle springs, california

"Caldwell, Stan" wrote:

 Dennis:Sometimes, when reading excessively long posts, I skip over something which merits a response.  Your comment (below) is truly sad.  For at least the past three years, the starting compensation packages for entry level structural engineers with MSCE degrees in Dallas has been at or above $50K.  This applies not only to the larger employers, but also to many of the smaller consulting firms.  In addition, Dallas offers affordable housing (<$150K) and Texans still have no income tax.  We also don't have any need for recall elections <grin>. Truly, we live in two very different worlds!Stan CaldwellStan,In fact, I doubt that the 10-engineers who work in this valley servicing over 100,000 people has a net annual income exceeding $50,000.00 and the average cost of a modest home has just hit $260,000.00. Dennis S. Wish, PE