Re: Future Generations of Engineers

Fellow engineers,

        I'd like to compare my class time with yours but I don't quite
visualize your credit system.

        When I went to university the undergraduate program consisted of 30 to
32 hours of class/lab contact time per week for eight 14 week terms.  We had
no humanities or english classes and only a couple of non technical option in
the fourth year.  We did have the option to select a concentration in the
fourth year; the choices included such things as municipal, highways,
structures, hydraulics and hydrology, and general; but on close examination
the difference between any two amounted to only about three half courses for
the full year.  I chose the general option because it had the "full load" of
all courses and only one non technical option (In those days I was afraid of
"non technical options").

        Any comparisons that anyone would like to make would be welcome.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson