Re: Codes

I believe the official policy of the National Council of Structural
Engineers Associations is that they don't care if there are two codes, as
long as the structural portions are the same.  There are members of NCSEA on
the structural code committees of both building codes to try to accomplish
this feat.  I don't know what the policy is with the other organizations you
mentioned.

Also, the push is for the structural portions to simply rule by reference.
For steel design, go to AISC LRFD or ASD.  For concrete, go to ACI 318.  For
loads (wind, snow, seismic, etc.) go to ASCE 7.  Et cetera.

This means that for an up-to-date code you need to buy eleventeen books, but
the design criteria is the same for each code by default.

----
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com