RE: future generations of engineers (was foreign engineer requi

>When you go on, decade after decade, with cloying, stifling, rampant
>top-down centralized socio-political planning, you get present-day
>France and Germany (and I don't care what you say, their standards of
>living STINK).
No they don't. I know this first hand. In many ways, infant mortality and
level of health care, their standards of living are better than ours.
France's aircraft industry and Germany's auto industry are second to
none. France's nuclear power generating program makes ours look pretty
pathetic. France's Ariane rockets are a prime example of commercial space
technology in action. And they do it with 36 hour work weeks and
universal health care.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw