Re: Freezer Slab

The problem of frost heave below freezers is well known and manufacturers
of freezers will often have a warning about this on their shop drawings.

Putting more insulation may work but the commonly recommended approaches
are to create air viods under the freezer so that warmer air can circulate,
or to put warm water pipes under the freezer.

From my experience the Mechanical Engineers do not get involved with these
issues.  In one project where we needed a heat flow calculation it was
obvious that the ME was not used to analysing this sort of a problem.

Mark Gilligan