RE: Codes

>When are we going to tell our structural engineers associations,
>ASCE, AISC, ACI, ACEC, NSPE et all, that we want the IBC.

AISC (and the rest in that list) has no control over what code you get. That is both a model code agency fight and a local adoption issue.

But at least the structural provisions in the IBC and NFPA 5000 are essentially identical. Both reference AISC, ACI, ASCE, etc., which gives you the same design provisions no matter where either one is adopted -- unless some locality thinks it is smarter than the rest and makes modifications.

AISC goes one step further and provides you with free access to the electronic version of our specifications and codes.

    http://www.aisc.org/freedownloads

Charlie