RE: Future Generations of Engineers

>What does architectural engineering consist of?

AE is more focused on building design and construction than CE. When I was
at Penn State in the AE department, we could pick one of three options:
structural, mechanical and construction management. I chose structural and
had five years worth of coursework focused on engineering of building
systems with a heavy emphasis on structural design. I also took a few
courses in the other two options, as well as architecture, to have a basic
understanding of these other aspects of building systems and construction.
Today, there are four options with mechanical split into a ligting track and
an hvac track.

You can see the curriculum and other info about Penn State AE here if you
are interested:

    http://www.engr.psu.edu/ae/

Charlie