Re: masonry block properties

Scott,
Two questions please. For context, I am interested in reinforced masonry
only.

1. Do you know why the values you have are different for properties
based on full mortar bedding and properties based on block dimensions?

2. Why would the h/r value for determining allowable axial stresses
always be based on the r value based on block dimensions? I've always
thought the r had to be calculated based on the I and A accounting for
actual grouted cells and mortar bedding conditions.

Thanks,
Rick Burch
Columbia, SC