Still more on ASCE 7-98 Section 6.2

I have a complex of 5 buildings, from one to 3 stories, all interconnected with a total area over 200,000 sf. When classifying these buildings (as enclosed or partially enclosed), should I look at the units as individual buildings or as one large building?

Here is my reasoning:

If all the buildings were completely opened to each other (like a mall) than I would think we would evaluate the entire complex as one building since the internal pressure would be roughly the same throughout. With firewalls in the resort complex that have firedoors that are normally closed, I would expect the buildings to act separately when it comes to internal pressure....therefore evaluate them as individual buildings separated by the firewalls.

Does this seem reasonable? Anyone have other thoughts on this subject?

Jim K.